Monday 6 May 2013

Pogo & P.SUS

Hi folks, Rollie here and no, I will not be ranting today. Instead I invite you to listen to two artists who I think are ridiculously talented. As I mentioned before, I will not focus on your usual type of music. It's kind of hard to put these artists into a specific genre but I like to think of their type of music as alternative to alternative electronic music. They rely on using samples from all forms of media, from TV, Film & Animation, old vinyls, the world and I guess just everyday sort of recordings, and mash them up into their own original songs. Now, I don't mean like Kanye West, who blatantly takes samples from old RnB tracks and reuses them to make his own tracks, ala Gold Digger and Stronger and others. I mean taking samples and recutting and resequencing them to make unique sounds as if they were completely different yet so alike.


Firstly, I give you 24 year old, Australian electronic artist, Pogo, also known as Nick Bertke. Nick Bertke has created a remarkable presence online from recutting old children's classic films and animation from Disney to Pixar and more. These range from Alice in Wonderland, Snow White & The Seven Dwarves, Up and Monsters, Inc. to Willy Wonka, Mary Poppins, The King and I, Hook and Harry Potter. Listening to his music has made me appreciate my childhood even more. More recently though he has been remixing the world. His latest tune is the very catchy, Kenya Chords (my favourite!)


Hook Remix



Check out his website PogoMix to gain access to his blog, videos and download his tunes. You can follow him on TwitterYouTube, and Soundcloud.



Secondly, I give you P.SUS, a producer from Pittsburgh, USA. With dreamy tracks, P.SUS offers you a sense of peace. It's great to play when you're just not in the mood for anything else but to relax and I often play his tracks when I am cooling down from a great workout. Here's a track from one of his albums, Daydream.




You can follow P.SUS on FacebookTwitter and Soundcloud. You can download his albums as well through Bandcamp.


b e a t X t h i s

Rollie

No comments:

Post a Comment