Tuesday 30 April 2013

A tiny rant

Lens flares make you look cool. Just ask J.J. Abrams.
My name is Rollie. Yes, it's my actual name and it's short for Rollie-Ann. Not a nickname, as many people assume. Here, I will introduce you to artists who make music not many people actually listen to from film remixes, to chill ambient electro to jazz hip hop.

But before I introduce you to some of these artists, I thought I'd just have a tiny little rant. I love music. Not just the one type of music but all types, although I have to admit, I don't have much of an interest in mainstream music.

The reason for this is that while there are artists out there, genuine artists, who make music for the love of making music, to inspire, to move people, there are some artists who seek fame and fortune...Which is pretty much the majority of artists, I believe, under the category of mainstream music. Let's take, for example, the Black Eyed Peas. I loved this group and not just because one of their members is Filipino (yes, I'm Filipino) but because their music was so good. I don't mean to sound all hipster but they were quite underground hip hop back then but now...Hmm. Personally, I think their 'music IQ' is dropping. Just listen to 'I Gotta Feeling' and you'll know what I mean. I guess it's not entirely their fault though. People these days just love listening to effortless music, which I am guessing the Black Eyed Peas have clicked on to and are now making bucket loads out of it.

Enough with the bashing. They're not the only artists out there and I won't name any others *cough* Usher *cough*. Some people love the Black Eyed Peas and I respect that...to some degree but open your ears. There is better music out there.

So, what I hope in this blog is for you guys to get familiar with, not just my name but, the artists I put forth on your table.

Rollie

P.S. Sorry Black Eyed Peas.

No comments:

Post a Comment